The Library

        

 

The first attempt to form a library took place in 1948, when hieromonk Bratu Onufrie let by his will some of his books and manuscripts, feeling connected with the monastery because of several reasons, including the friendship with father Hrisostom Apostolache , ex abbot of the monastery, and by the fact that during the first world war he refuges here.

For lack of adequate space for a library, the manuscripts were kept in the personal library of archimandrite Hrisostom Apostolache. In 1975, he donates six of manuscripts to Bishopric Center, the purpose of these donations being to keep them into the best conditions. That’s how, now are found in the "Dumitru Staniloaie" library of  Iasi city.

Hrisostom Apostolache donates all his library during his lifetime.

In 2002, it was given in use a space for the books, and in 2003 the library was finished.

Another considerable donation was made by Protosinghel Ioachim Ceausu, ex abbot at Bucium Monastery.

The library counts 1256 books and magazines that are well preserved. The most important document is being considered the one named “ Dieata” written by Hieroschimonk Nifon in his cave on 15 August 1898.

 

 

 

 

 

Archive

 

Tradition and present

Events

Virtual tour

Painting workshop

Liturgical schedule

Future projects

Announcements

Donations